Monday, November 19, 2012

Vex Ruffin

Really liking this stark, minimal cassette tape from Vex Ruffin. It's called Same Thing Tomorrow and it's very spare and DIY and dark, sort of lo-fi Suicide crossed with Dalek. Anyway, good stuff. It's out on Stone's Throw, which, in addition to the usual bio/one-sheet, has posted a hand-written "Ten Random Things about Vex Ruffin" which doesn't read very clearly when I try to post the image, so I've typed it out for you.

Ten Random Things about Vex Ruffin
1. I love basketball. When I was a kid, my dream was to play in the NBA like Hakeem Olajuwan.
2. I'm an early bird. I wake up at 7 a.m. every day.
3. When I first started making music, I wanted to be like Madlib but instead I turned out to be something else. Beastmaster!
4. I get really grumpy when I'm hungry and tired. Beastmaster!
5. I don't know how to play the guitar. I just do the one finger string thing.
6. In high school, my favorites were the Cure and DMX.
7. None of my friends listen to rock and roll.
8. My dream is to tour the world with my band.
9. A lot of people don't get me, maybe because I'm a Beastmaster.
10. I never was a handy man but I was good at breaking things. Alpha male.




No comments: