Saturday, May 22, 2010

Magic Lantern

So this morning, I was at the library listening to WFMU, which I can't do at home anymore since they upped their bandwidth (I have dial-up and live in a place that is apparently not profitable enough for anyone to ever upgrade the service). It's one of my favorite things to do, and usually, I just listen until I hear something I just have to have...this morning it was the very first track on Liz Berg's show from Monday, a wonderfully trippy, drony, psychedelically rocking cut called "Dark Cicadas" from Magic Lanterns new album Platoon, out now on Not Not Fun.

Check it out

THis particular track isn't on the Free Music Archive, but there's another one called "Feasting On Energy" which is, and is almost as good.

Have a nice weekend, then, we're going to Brattleboro later for some sort of beer-related event.

No comments: