Friday, December 18, 2009

good morning new york

I'm in New York today, going back later tonight. Had a pretty good day yesterday, mostly working, but it's good to work. I was too tired to do anything afterwards (getting to an 11 a.m. meeting in NYC entails leaving by 5 a.m.), even though Dave Halstead put me on the list for a Mountains and The For Carnation (!!!) show in Brooklyn...I just couldn't. Anyway, I'm going running now in Central Park, which is, like, my favorite thing in NYC and then having breakfast with my friend Bill and then going to the Guggenheim to see the Kandinsky show (who is one of my very, very favorite painters) and then buying some stuff and going home.

Meanwhile, I have a couple of things up over at Blurt. There's a review of Radian's Chimera. Also a short feature on King Khan.

See ya later.

3 comments:

Syd The Squid said...

have a great time!... kiss the ground for me...

snivel and run said...

the for carnation are still doing shows? what? i feel 22 again.

jenniferpkelly said...

Yeah it was fun, just being there again.

And Snivel, exactly, though my number is different from yours. They apparently don't play very often, so it would have been good to go.