Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Her Space Holiday…or Emma Blowgun rides again

Spent the morning on a first go-through of Her Space Holiday’s XOXO, Panda and the New Kid Revival, which is very fine, mildly psychedelic pop. My only beef, and it’s not really a beef when you think about it, is that it sounds so much like Heartstrings-era Beulah. But what the hell, I like Beulah, and I’m enjoying this. Try it yourself, okay?

“Sleepy Tigers”


Also having a very superficial flirtation with Dead Confederate, whose Dixie rocking, psych-tripping album Wrecking Ball comes out today on The Artists Organization.

Here’s “The Rat" which I like a lot.

2 comments:

Derek Sunshine said...

Hmm, I haven't listened to When Your Heartstrings Break in a dog's age. New and old music for me to check out.

jenniferpkelly said...

It's maybe my third favorite thing to come out of Elephant Six (the Beulah...and watch that first step after In an Aeroplane over the Sea). But yeah, check it out. I enjoyed it this morning, though I haven't had a lot of time to think about it.